Bike skills are one of the most important skills that any child, and adult, needs to learn. Knowing how to handle a bicycle when approaching a hazard will result in either injury or no injury.
Track Cycling WA offers a range of classes for kids, and adults, where you can learn about bike skills. These skills include:
1. Able to ride in a straight line.
2. How to ride behind another cyclists.
3. How to get out of the saddle and ride a bike at the same time.
4. How to stop a bicycle safely.
5. How to start riding safely.
Of course there are many more areas they cover, however you can have your children learn about bike handling skills with one of Track Cycling WA's qualified coaches. Fees are $15.00 and include a hire bike.
The City of Stirling offers cycle training during the school holidays. These sessions run by Austcycle instructors, teach kids how to ride safely and with confidence. I'm not sure if other councils run similar programmes.